Registration

Name
Surname
E-mail
Password
Re-enter password
Register

A walk through the Plungė manor house

Try
mobile app

Map

5.5 h.
980 m
1 %
99 %

Course of route

  • Plungė manor equestrian complex

    Duration 2 h.
    The red brick equestrian facility was built in 1879 following the Renaissance Revival tradition. The chariots and the horses (mostly of the Žemaitukas breed) were kept in the left wing of the building. The right wing was dedicated to the living quarters of the stable staff. Former servants of the manor narrated how well the equestrian complex was managed. The horses were groomed daily and the head groom was always dressed formally, in a white shirt with a starched-stiff collar...   During the First World War, the German military took all the horses from Plungė Manor (by that time, Count Michał Ogiński had been long dead). From...
    Read 
  • to the next object
    < 1 min.
    100 m
  • Evening official

    Duration < 1 min.
  • Michał Ogiński manor/ Samogitian museum of art

    Duration 1 h.
    For a long time, no accurate historical data on the construction of the manor were available. However, when the restoration works of the manor were started after the Second World War, a bottle with documents inside was found hidden in the foundations of the building. The documents were written in three languages, Lithuanian, Polish and Latin, and contained information on the construction time of the manor house, the name of the architect and the construction supervisor, and the family tree of the Ogiński family. A letter from Count Michał Ogiński of Plungė was also discovered among the documents. The Count was asking to leave the bottle...
    Read 
  • Plungė manor house

    Duration 1 h.
    Once upon a time, there was a fortress on Gondinga Hillfort. It was taken by occupants during the wars between the Polish and the Normans. When the latter were forced to leave, they gathered all their gold, silver, weapons and other valuables inside the castle, locked its heavy iron doors and buried the entire castle under a mound of soil so that no sign of it ever remained. They hid the key under the largest rock they could find in the stream pool of the Babrungas River. The treasure was entrusted for safekeeping to the devils supervised by the “master of the castle”. The locals believed that anyone attempting to find the...
    Read 
  • Morning official

    Duration < 1 min.
  • to the next object
    < 1 min.
    41 m
  • Thunder oak

    Duration < 1 min.
  • to the next object
    < 1 min.
    73 m
  • Monument to M. K. Čiurlionis

    Duration < 1 min.
  • to the next object
    < 1 min.
    350 m
  • Guard house with gates

    Duration < 1 min.
  • to the next object
    < 1 min.
    58 m
  • Formerly a musician

    Duration < 1 min.
  • Laundry house

    Duration < 1 min.
  • to the next object
    < 1 min.
    140 m
  • Crying July

    Duration < 1 min.
  • to the next object
    < 1 min.
    110 m
  • Plungė manor clock tower and greenhouse

    Duration 1 h.
    1846 is the year that still can be seen in the foundation stone.  That year the brick tower with a clock was built. The tower is the oldest building of Plungė Manor that has remained intact to this day. The clock is visible from all four sides of the tower and is the reason why the townsfolk have named the building ‘dziegorine’, which is the ancient local term for clocktower. The Zubov family who owned Plungė Manor at that time took Palazzo Vecchio as an example of the 12-meter-high tower. It turned out as a largely reduced copy of the Pallazo Vecchio as the latter had a 94-meter-high tower and was built in 1314....
    Read 
  • to the next object
    < 1 min.
    110 m
  • Independence Monument

    Duration < 1 min.
  • End of the trip

Reviews

  • Rasa
    2020-09-15

    Labai nustebino visas sodybos ansamblis, labai gražu, viskas sutvarkyta. Ypač dėkojame bibliotekos darbuotojai, kuri išsamiai papasakojo apie laikrodinę- oranžeriją ir pristatė išmanius būdus patraukliai papasakoti istorinius faktus ir įvykius