The western (left side) officine (servants’ house) was used as a guest house during the Oginskiai period. Nursemaids-nuns also used to live there. They worked in the orphanage which was maintained by the Oginskiai family. In 1883, a two-year Lithuanian school was opened, and the year 1903 saw the opening of Ms. M. Oginskienė’s daraktoriai (village teachers) school. Next to this building, on the lawn, there was a big insulated orangerie and the Oginskiai family chapel.