The first church in Tryškiai was probably built in the 16th century. In the middle of the 19th century, when auditors sent by the King of Poland and the Grand Duke of Lithuania Sigismund Augustus established 12 churches in Samogitia, including Tryškiai.
16th century At the end of the 19th century, the Protestant nobles Šemeta and S. Vnučkienė, who ruled Tryškiai, expelled the Catholic priest and gave the church to the Protestants. 17th c. Andrius Valavičius, an elder of Samogitia, an active supporter of Catholicism in Samogitia, who started to rule Tryškius at the beginning of 1611. In November, he received the privilege of King Sigismund Vaz of Lithuania and Poland to allocate 16 Welsh lands for the construction and maintenance of the Tryškiai church and rectory. The privilege also mentions that the pastor must speak Lithuanian.
The present magnificent wooden church of Tryškiai in 1751. built by the pastor Stanislovas Burneikis at the expense of the parishioners. 1755 it was consecrated by Samogitian bishop sufraganas Mykolas Chomianskis. The church was built by local craftsmen. 1804 a belfry was built next to the church. In the same year a hospital was established next to the church. The church was rebuilt in 1869, in the 19th century. pab. - extended. 1928 a new tower appeared on the roof. Church of folk baroque forms, Latin cross plan, with three-walled apse, 2 annexes, single tower, with 4 small baroque towers. Inside 3 naves. The interior of the church was reconstructed after the Second World War. The church has 5 altars, probably the most authentic interior decoration - the 17th century. created a side St. The altar of the Virgin Mary Scapular - shows mature Baroque forms. The openwork columns and artistically carved side wings surrounding the saints' sculptures are one of the most impressive wooden baroque altars in Samogitia. St. The painting of the Virgin Mary Scapular is painted in the 18th century. The great altar hangs on the high altar. Trinity painting (so named church) 17th c. frames. Carving, sculptures and st. The side painting of St. Anthony stands out. The altar of Anthony.
The cemetery is surrounded by a stone masonry fence. It has a wooden belfry and a chapel with sculptures. In the square in front of the church there is a brick column with St. Florian sculpture.